+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dniko's 1973 Scout 2 Project

Default Dniko's 1973 Scout 2 Project

Super excited about digging into this project! I have a number of things I'm upgrading on the Scout. Thanks to John Fleck for all the advice and parts

Backstory:
    I purchased the grey and white Scout in January from a friend. The white scout (doner) started out as a project that he lost interest in. The frame has been reinforced and the dana 44 axles have been upgraded to disk front and back. The rear has ARB lockers. The plan is to swap the doner axles onto the grey (driver) Scout. The doner axles have already been prepped with the perches ready for spring over.

Progress:
    I've swapped the front and if would stop snowing this weekend, I'd finish the rear.

The Immediate Plan:
    1. Swap Axles
    2. Complete the disk brake upgrade. John is preparing a parts list which will include the braided steel lines, proportioning valve and master cylinder and calipers/pads for the front.
    3. Upgrade steering linkage to support 35" tires, including custom Drag link from BCB. Also going to install the "Steer Straight Fram Brace"
    4. New Mickey Thompson steel wheels and 35" tires
    5. New rubber for the doors and tailgate
    6. Retrofit the York AC into a compressor to support the ARB lockers and blowing up tires after wheeling. Will also add 5-gallon tank to support air driven tools.

That's Phase 1 - I'll post the supporting pictures later.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5111.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	3041Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5113.jpg
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	3042Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5005.jpg
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	3043Click image for larger version